Single Slot, Dual Purposes
Sonnet’s Echo™ ExpressCard® Pro is the fastest, least-expensive SxS™ memory card reader available. It’s also expands your computer’s connectivity by enabling the use of ExpressCard/34 adapter cards. Either way you look at it, this handy Thunderbolt™ adapter adds functionality to your computer it is otherwise missing.
Echo ExpressCard Pro: Expands Your Computer’s Connectivity and Capabilities
Connect the Echo ExpressCard Pro directly to your computer’s Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port, or at the end of a Thunderbolt device chain with a Thunderbolt cable (sold separately). The Sonnet adapter requires no software and is bus-powered—it operates off its Thunderbolt connection and there’s no need to plug in a power supply. If you’ve got a Mac® with Thunderbolt 3 ports, you can use the Echo adapter by connecting an Apple® Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter between the computer and Thunderbolt cable connected to the Sonnet adapter.
With the installation of Sony® drivers on your computer, the Echo ExpressCard Pro becomes an SxS card reader, supporting all generations of SxS media, including the latest SxS Pro+ E Series cards. Echo ExpressCard Pro also allows you to choose and add more connections (FireWire, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, and eSATA) to your setup using current and legacy ExpressCard/34 adapter cards. The Pro also supports specialty adapters like RME’s HDSPe ExpressCard, plus interface cards for the AJA® io Express and the Matrox® MX02 family.
- Fast SxS Memory Card Reader – Ingests Footage from SxS Memory Cards at Up to 440 MB/s
- Fast Interface – Thunderbolt (10Gbs), ExpressCard 2.0 (5.0 Gbps)
- Supports Common ExpressCard/34 adapters (Gigabit Ethernet and eSATA Controllers to FireWire and USB 3.0)
- Supports Specialty ExpressCard/34 Adapters (AJA® io Express and Prism Sound ADA-8XR and Orpheus)
- Mac and Windows Compatible