Katana, the Sci-Tech award winning platform provides and efficient framework for look development and lighting, casters for the needs of modern production demands. The Foundry Katana delivers rapid turnaround of highly complex CG scenes, while the artists retain full control.
What is Katana?
- The first purpose built commercial tool that enables a procedural and scalable asset-based CG production pipeline.
- The complete companion and catalyst to 3d modeling and animation tools and render technology including Maya, Arnold, Renderman and V-Ray.
- The Foundry Katana is the future-proof standard platform for scene, look and lighting interchange between artists and studios.
- Significantly reduces the need for complex custom in-house software development.
- Katana enhances creativity.Katana’s deferred loading and processing enables artists to focus on creativity without the frustrations of waiting for scenes to load.
- Katana give artists total control. With flexible node-graph and rules based workflows Katana lets you build up templates as you work, enhances collaboration among the team and increases production by reuse on other shots.
- Katana’s Look Files, material instructions and texture map assignments are packaged as separate assets. The benefits to the artists is the ability to make updates and changes to look-development and animation data individually.
- Katana’s efficient and user friendly approach removes the need to bake assets out into render-ready formats, reducing valuable production time and enabling artist the flexibility to make last minute changes.
- Katana is renderer agnostic, supporting your render engine of choice. Be it Renderman, Arnold, V-Ray or your own in-house developed render Katana has you covered.