- Katana, the Sci-Tech award winning platform provides an efficient framework for look development and lighting, and caters for the needs of modern production demands.
- Foundry’s Katana delivers rapid turnaround of highly complex CG scenes, while the artists retain full control.
What is Katana?
- The first purpose built commercial tool that enables a procedural and scalable asset-based CG production pipeline.
- The complete companion and catalyst to 3d modeling and animation tools and render technology including Maya, Arnold, Renderman and V-Ray.
- The Foundry Katana is the future-proof standard platform for scene, look and lighting interchange between artists and studios.
- Significantly reduces the need for complex custom in-house software development.
- Katana enhances creativity. Katana’s deferred loading and processing enables artists to focus on creativity without the frustrations of waiting for scenes to load.
- Katana give artists total control. With flexible node-graph and rules based workflows Katana lets you build up templates as you work, enhances collaboration among the team and increases production by reuse on other shots.
- Katana’s Look Files, material instructions and texture map assignments are packaged as separate assets. The benefits to the artists is the ability to make updates and changes to look-development and animation data individually.
- Katana’s efficient and user friendly approach removes the need to bake assets out into render-ready formats, reducing valuable production time and enabling artist the flexibility to make last minute changes.
- Katana is renderer agnostic, supporting your render engine of choice. Be it Renderman, Arnold, V-Ray or your own in-house developed render Katana has you covered.