Platform Archive Server
NETWORK BACKUP AND ARCHIVE
Extending the capabilities of the original Cache-A Archiving appliances, the Platform Pro-Cache takes network archiving to a new level of efficiency. Boasting industry standard capabilities including Full and Incremental Backups, recurring jobs, tar, LTFS and ability to read existing Cache-A tapes, The Pro-Cache starts where the prior version left off. However, with a full searchable catalog of every file copied to tape, custom metadata management, proxy generation before archives and the ability to view proxies on archived assets, the new Pro-Cache takes LTO to a new level of efficiency.
A “CACHE” FOR ARCHIVING
By connecting directly to the Pro-Cache or connecting it to a network switch, any user or device can push files to the Pro-Cache RAID for backup or archiving. Tape copies can happen on a recurring schedule or on demand as your workflow requires.
- Archive and Backup Platform Pro-Cache handles all your tape LTO needs including full backups, incremental backups and archiving to tape.
- Complete Catalog of Files Each file written with the Platform Pro-Cache is recorded to the integrated catalog. This along with the file metadata allows administrators to easily search the catalog for copies of assets on tape.
- Proxy Generation All Platforms including the Pro-Cache can generate proxy files of media assets before they are copied to tape.
- Industry Standard Formats Providing the option of both LTFS and tar formats, the Pro-Cache writes to LTO in industry standard formats so you have confidence that no matter what happens your files can be retrieved.
- Support for Multiple Drives or Library Platform Pro-Cache can manage multiple single LTO drives to up to a 24 Bay LTO library with multiple automation drives.
- A Full Workflow Server Although the Platform Pro-Cache is perfect as a network backup and archive appliance, it has the same rich interface and features of all the Platform Systems.