Transform Your Thunderbolt Computer Into a Graphics Workstation
Whether you’re editing, rendering, colour grading, animating or creating special effects, many of the pro applications you use rely on desktop and workstation graphics (GPU) cards to do the heavy lifting in processing data. Unfortunately, many popular computers are equipped only with integrated graphics or low-power discrete GPUs that bottleneck performance when performing these tasks. Happily, there’s a simple path to greater productivity—add a Sonnet external GPU (eGPU). The eGPU Breakaway™ Box 750 and 750ex Thunderbolt™ 3 to GPU PCIe card expansion systems boost your eGPU-compatible computer’s graphics performance by connecting a high-performance GPU card to your computer via a single cable.
- Includes two 8-pin (6+2 pin) auxiliary power connectors
- 750W power supply; supports cards requiring up to 375W of continuous power plus an additional 100W peak power
- Provides 100W of upstream power (useful for charging your notebook)
- AMD approved for the air-cooled editions of the AMD Radeon RX Vega 64, Radeon Pro WX 8200, and WX 9100
- Designed to also support overclocked NVIDIA cards with high peak power requirements
- See the list of Supported GPU Cards (PDF)